As the Council continues to move towards competency-based regulatory programs and increased professional standards, essential competencies have been established.
Purpose of Essential Competencies
- Provide the foundation for future entry-level exams
- Support education programs by informing curricula
- Inform the public and other professionals of the RCIC’s and RISIA’s role and responsibilities
- Provide RCICs and RISIAs with guidance and direction in their practice
- Establish minimum standards of the two professions
- Provide the foundation for the new Quality Management Program
Click below to view the detailed Essential Competencies. Stay tuned for full reports on how Essential Competencies were developed.